Awards & Recognition
Hard work, caring and community involvement have always been a part of the philosophy and culture at KCCU. Your Credit Union takes an active role in reflecting what is important to each of us as members. It’s nice to be able to see what we have accomplished together. KCCU has been winning awards consistently since the 1990s for social responsibility, youth involvement, marketing value and innovation, outstanding co-operation, mentorship, education and community charitable giving. In 2009 KCCU won the Kingston Chamber of Commerce, Business of the Year Award. Our leadership among credit unions in the province and in our community has been recognized through the following awards and nominations:
• Aug 29, 2015 - Toronto, ON- The Ipsos 2015 Best Banking awards (Customer Satisfaction Survey) rated credit unions #1 in "Overall Customer Service Excellence" and "Values My Business" for the eleventh year in a row ahead of the the Big Five Banks. Credit Unions placed number one in "Branch Service Excellence" for the eighth consecutive year.
• July 24, 2015 - Kingston, ON- KCCU and its staff are pleased to announce that we have won a contest put on by Filene Research Institute and Currency Marketing. See It's a Money Thing for details. This contest challenged all Credit Unions in Canada and the United States to demonstrate why they deserve to win the first place prize of $6,000 in financial literacy materials to enhance their efforts to educate younger members and potential members in their community.
• Mar 23, 2015 - Kingston, ON- KCCU has won Platinum Awards from the United Way for 34 consecutive years for 100% staff participation.
• Feb, 2013 - Kingston, ON - Robert Trentadue was presented with an Award recognizing his more than 30 years of dedicated service as a Director of KCCU for his winning ideals, social responsibility and hard work on behalf of the members of Kingston Community Credit Union.
• Nov, 2012 - Toronto, ON - Robert Trentadue was awarded the Award for Long and Dedicated Service to the Credit Union System by the Director's Forum.
• Sept, 2012 - Toronto, ON - The Ipsos-Reid 2012 Best Banking awards (Customer Satisfaction Survey) rated credit unions #1 in customer service for the eighth year in a row ahead of the the Big Five Banks. Credit Unions placed number one in the following categories: "Overall Customer Service Excellence", "Values My Business" and "Branch Service Excellence".
• March, 2010 - Toronto, ON - The Gary Gillam Award for Promoting Social Responsibility (Awarded to the Secretary of our Board of Directors, Robert Trentadue in 2010 by Alterna Savings & Credit Union and Central 1 Credit Union).
• Nov, 2009 – Kingston, ON - KCCU has won the Large Business of the Year (2009) award from The Kingston Chamber of Commerce.
• Nov, 2009 – Vancouver, BC - KCCU has won twice at the InNOVAtion Awards (2009) for best new retail product for the "Like, All Free" student account from Central 1 Credit Union. In addition to the 2009 First Place Innovation Award, at the end of the award presentation, KCCU was honoured again for winning the overall "Innovation on a shoestring Award". The panel of judges said they were most impressed.
• May, 2009 – Kingston, ON - KCCU has won the Achievement in Marketing Excellence (AIME) award for New Product Launch for Credit Unions under $200 Million in assets with its new “Like, All Free” student account.
• Apr, 2008 - Toronto, ON - KCCU has won The Ontario Credit Union Charitable Foundation’s Corporate Award for Outstanding Charitable Achievement in 1999 and most recently in April, 2008.