Coop Youth Leaders Camp
Co-operative Youth Leaders Camp 2019
KCCU is seeking two youth (ages 14-16) to sponsor to attend CYL Summer Camp!
What is CYL Camp?
CYL is a unique summer camp experience for youth ages 14-18. This series of week-long programs brings young people together from all across Ontario to learn about and practice co-operative principles, communication, and leadership through games, team building and community projects.
Why would I want to attend?
- To meet new people and build new friendships
- To learn about co-operatives, their values, principles and business model
- To develop leadership and communication skills and fosters self-confidence
- To have an awesome summer camp experience!
Where is the CYL Camp located?
How do I apply?
To apply for a chance for one of the two KCCU sponsorship spots:
- Complete the application.
- Create your video submission. Video should run from 30 seconds to 1 minute and describe why KCCU should select you to represent them at CYL camp this year (why do you want to attend, what do you hope to gain by attending, what is the co-operative stuff all about). Videos must be in .mov or MP4 format
- Upload your video to Vimeo or YouTube
- Include your video URL here in your submission
- Submit on or before Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
Use your imagination, be creative, have fun!
A few things to note:
Sponsorship candidates must be aged 14-16 years and reside within Kingston or surrounding area to apply.
Videos that meet all eligibility requirements will be judged by a panel of judges chosen by KCCU. The judges’ decisions are final.
Videos will be judged on:
- 30% Creativity
- 20% Impact and persuasiveness
- 30% Overall presentation
- 20% Technical quality
Successful applicants will be notified by KCCU on or before Friday, May 31, 2019.
For additional information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.