Becoming a Member
Applying to become a KCCU member is easy! All you need to get started is to have your personal information and social insurance number handy and about 10 minutes to complete our online application. Alternatively, if you prefer to meet in person, just reach out to set up a convenient time with one of our representatives in branch.
Once you’ve submitted your online application, we’ll contact you within 2 business days to let you know what the next steps are to get your account opened.
If you need help with your application, please give us a call for assistance.
Requirement to apply for membership with KCCU:
- Ontario resident, 18 years or older
- Work or reside within our bond area
- One-time Membership Share investment of $25
This application takes 5-10 minutes to complete. After you submit it, we'll contact you within 2 business days regarding next steps.
What to expect when applying for a membership
We are required to verify your identity so you will need to come into one of our branches in person to complete your account opening. We ask that you bring along the following:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) as per the Income Tax Act
- Identification as listed below
- Proof of address
Note: The Personal Health Information Protections Act (PHIPA) does not permit health cards in Ontario as well as many other provinces to be accepted as identification. As such, we will not accept a health card from any province as identification.
Note: In order to open your account with us, we may need to check your credit report to ensure that you meet our minimum requirements.
The Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) requires financial institutions to identify customers and to keep certain records about them. To ensure that we meet our legal obligations, we are required to ask, and keep up to date records of the following:
- Your identification and membership information;
- If you will be using this account by, or on behalf of, a third party;
- If you, any member of your family or close associate are a Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Head of an International Organization (HIO);
- The purpose of your business relationship with KCCU;
- The intended use of your accounts and products with KCCU.