KCCU wants to reward you for making a clean air choice! That is why we offer mortgages and car loans that give you incentive to help our environment!! We offer the Eco Smart Vehicle Loan and the GreenHome Energy Line of Credit.
Reduce Carbon Emissions with an Eco-Smart Vehicle Loan. Make an environmentally-conscious choice in favour of clean air and reduced CO2 (carbon) emissions.
We've based our rankings on the Natural Resources Canada annual report on carbon emissions. According to the report, you could reduce CO2 (carbon) emissions by as much as 18 tons and cut your gas bill by $1,500 over five years by choosing a fuel-efficient vehicle. Your Eco-Smart Auto Loan has no maximum and no penalties for early repayment.
There are a few green choices to which these special rates apply:
- Purchase of a new or used low-CO2 emitting vehicle (Call us for eligible vehicles - check)
- Purchase of a vehicle for the purpose of installing an alternative fuel conversion system
- Purchase and installation of an alternative fuel conversion system
- Purchase of motorized or non-motorized bikes, including electric bikes, non-motorized bicycles and scooters.
In all cases, we’ll support your green choice with:
- Rate of KCCU Base rate + 1% for new automobiles, and KCCU Base rate + 2% for other Eco-Smart Vehicle loans
- Choose between faster repayment or lower monthly payments (amortizations of some loans up to 10 years (120 months)
- Make payments weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
- No fees for payments from your KCCU account
- Loan set up fee waived
- Your Eco-Smart Vehicle Loan is fully open ( no early payment penalties for full or partial lunmp sum repayment).
Improve Energy Efficiency at Home
One of the newest ways KCCU supports energy efficiency and the environment in our community is by reducing interest rates to new and existing members who take advantage of our GreenHome Line of Credit.
Your Credit Union can help make the cost of Green renovations and repairs easier on your wallet with a KCCU GreenHome Line of Credit at rates as low as KCCU base rate. Make any eco-friendly home improvements such as alternative energy retrofits (solar, wind, geothermal) and save interest costs. It pays to make improvements to your home which will decrease energy consumption helping the environment. Save money on interest and lower the cost to heat or cool your home. Maximizing energy efficiency is the best place to start. Key areas such as windows, exterior doors, insulation, siding, home heating and alternative energy systems can be expensive, but well worth the investment. Borrow at great low rates and cozy up to the savings and peace of mind.
For all Green Loans, normal KCCU lending criteria will apply.
¹ The annual Percentage Rate (APR) is based on a loan of $5,000 with monthly payments and a 5 year term. APR assumes no fees apply. Rates subject to change without notice.
KCCU base Rate is the variable rate of interest per year declared from time to time to be the prime rate for Canadian dollar loans made by KCCU. The interest rate on your loan will change whenever KCCU Prime varies.