Student Bursary Program
The CU Succeed Youth Bursary was established in 2016 by the Ontario Credit Union Foundation. Over the past seven years, $536,000 has been awarded to 407 students.
The Bursary is open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training. OCUF will award up to $100,000 in student bursaries in 2023, ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
The bursary is awarded based primarily on two criteria – demonstrated financial need, and community involvement.
When reviewing the application, they consider the following:
• Applicants (or their parent or grandparent must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation (listing here). To receive an award the award recipient must have a credit union account.
• Youth is defined as age 25 by June 30, of the application year. (Prior bursary recipients continuing their studies are eligible beyond age 25.)
• Programs of study may be academic, vocational, or technical at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad.
• Available to those pursuing a college diploma, undergraduate degree, or red seal. [Support individuals seeking their first bachelor’s degree only.]
• Acceptable grades (65% or higher) are required.
• Applicants must be Ontario residents and Canadian Citizens or have permanent residence status.
• Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000. $100,000 will be distributed in 2023.
Applications opened on April 30, 2023, and will close at 11:59 pm June 30, 2023.
For more complete details about the CU Succeed Youth Bursary and how students can apply please visit: https://ocuf.org/bursary/
For information about KCCU’s Fee Free Student Accounts: https://kccu.ca/content/going-school-0
Recent Past Winners
In 2021, $75,000 was awarded to 69 youth from 28 Ontario credit unions including Katherine and Reuben from Kingston Community Credit Union!
Congratulations to all the 2021 bursary recipients.
In 2020, $75,000 was awarded to 67 youth from 20 Ontario credit unions including Dominic from Kingston Community Credit Union.
Congratulations to all the 2020 recipients.