Student Bursary Program
The CU Succeed Youth Bursary was established in 2016 by the Ontario Credit Union Foundation. Over the past eight years, $636,000 to 494 students.
The Bursary is open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training. OCUF will award up to $100,000 in student bursaries in 2023, ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
The bursary is awarded based primarily on two criteria – demonstrated financial need, and community involvement.
When reviewing the application, they consider the following:
• Applicants (or their parent or grandparent must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation (listing here). To receive an award the award recipient must have a credit union account.
• Youth is defined as age 25 or less by June 30, of the application year. (Prior bursary recipients continuing their studies are eligible beyond age 25.)
• Programs of study may be academic, vocational, or technical at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad.
• Available to those pursuing a college diploma, undergraduate degree, or red seal. [Support individuals seeking their first bachelor’s degree only.]
• Acceptable grades (65% or higher) are required.
• Applicants must be Ontario residents and Canadian Citizens or have permanent residence status.
• Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000. $100,000 will be distributed in 2023.
Applications are now closed.
For more complete details about the CU Succeed Youth Bursary please visit: https://ocuf.org/bursary/
For information about KCCU’s Fee Free Student Accounts: https://kccu.ca/content/going-school-0
Recent Past Winners
In 2023, 87 exceptional students shared a total of $100,000 as winners of this esteemed Student Bursary Program. KCCU offers congratulations to our four bursary winners, Austin, Ephram, Karley and Kaitlyn!
The CU Succeed Youth Bursary provides invaluable financial support to students who demonstrate community leadership and require financial assistance to pursue quality education. The CU Succeed Bursary empowers students to achieve their academic dreams and create a brighter future forward.
We congratulate all the 2023 bursary recipients and wish them a successful school year.
In 2021, $75,000 was awarded to 69 youth from 28 Ontario credit unions including Katherine and Reuben from Kingston Community Credit Union!
In 2020, $75,000 was awarded to 67 youth from 20 Ontario credit unions including Dominic from Kingston Community Credit Union.