Student Bursary Program
The CU Succeed Youth Bursary is open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training. OCUF will be awarding up to $100,000 in student bursaries this year, ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
The bursary will be awarded based primarily on two criteria – demonstrated financial need, and community involvement.
When reviewing the application, they consider the following:
• Applicants (or their parent) must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation (listing here). To receive an award the award recipient must have a credit union account.
• Youth is defined as age 25 by June 30, of the application year. (Prior bursary recipients continuing their studies are eligible beyond age 25.)
• Programs of study may be academic, vocational, or technical at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad.
• Available to those pursuing a college diploma, undergraduate degree, or red seal. [Support individuals seeking their first bachelor’s degree only.]
• Acceptable grades (65% or higher) are required.
• Applicants must be Ontario residents and Canadian Citizens or have Landed Immigrant status.
• Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000. We have allocated $100,000 ifor 2022.
Applications open April 30, 2022, and close June 30, 2022.
For more complete details about the CU Succeed Youth Bursary and how students can apply please visit: https://ocuf.org/bursary/
For information about KCCU’s Fee Free Student Accounts: https://kccu.ca/content/fee-free-accounts-0
In 2021, $75,000 was awarded to 69 youth from 28 Ontario credit unions including Katherine and Reuben from Kingston Community Credit Union!