KCCU Bond of Association

Bond area (Bond of Association)

KCCU (Kingston Community Credit Union) was founded on October 28th, 1957 as the Kingston Municipal Employees Credit Union. By 1974, it was renamed Kingston Community Credit Union Limited and the bond of association became geographic rather than for just the employees of the City of Kingston.

At present members must work or live in the geographic region outlined on this page to be eligible for membership. If you become a member and move away, that’s no problem, you can still remain a member. There may be some circumstances where persons living and working outside of the bond area may be eligible for membership, but if that is the case you will need to speak with a KCCU team member to see if you qualify (exceptions include guarantors on loans for example, or persons with vacation property in the bond area, etc.).

KCCU Bond of Association (from Article 2.01
By-laws as of March 28, 2023):

Any person who, if that person is an individual, whether a minor or adult, resides or is employed within the City of Kingston, the County of Lennox and Addington as far north as to include Northbrook, the County of Frontenac, the Township of Rideau Lakes, the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands, and the Towns of Gananoque and Westport;

A third party is an individual or entity, other than the account holder or those authorized to give instructions about the account, who directs what happens with the account. For example, if an account were opened in one individual’s name for deposits that are directed by someone else, the other person or entity would be a third party.

  • A secondary piece of identification from the primary list above
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Credit Card bearing the name and signature of the individual which has issued by a well-known and reputable Canadian financial institution
  • A CNIB (Canadian Institute for the Blind) client card bearing the individual’s photo and signature
  • Provincial Outdoors Card
  • Canadian University or College Student Card with photo (for student identification only)
  • An employee identification card (with photo) issued by an employer that is well known in the community (i.e. KGH, DND, Queens University, Corrections Canada, etc.)
  • Foreign passport
  • Canadian Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Driver’s licenses issued by province or territory
  • The DND (Department of National Defense) 404 driver’s license
  • Nexus Card issued by Canada Border Services Agency
  • Provincial Service Cards
  • Provincial or territorial identity cards (i.e. Ontario Photo Identification Card)
  • Foreign Passport (only if it is equivalent to a Canadian issued photo identification document)