Why Local Matters

Support Local.

Buy Local.

Bank Local.

Discover a way to bank which allows you to align your money with your values. Discover a way to bank where your choices matter and where you are part of something bigger.  Choose somewhere to bank based on your values and principles and where you have an equal voice.  Choose democracy, choose cooperation, choose community, choose local, choose KCCU!

Belonging to a credit union keeps your dollars local – invested in the people, small businesses and community you care about.  Unlike banks, credit unions don’t profit at your expense.  Our members are our owners, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Why local?  Why KCCU?

A third party is an individual or entity, other than the account holder or those authorized to give instructions about the account, who directs what happens with the account. For example, if an account were opened in one individual’s name for deposits that are directed by someone else, the other person or entity would be a third party.

  • A secondary piece of identification from the primary list above
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Credit Card bearing the name and signature of the individual which has issued by a well-known and reputable Canadian financial institution
  • A CNIB (Canadian Institute for the Blind) client card bearing the individual’s photo and signature
  • Provincial Outdoors Card
  • Canadian University or College Student Card with photo (for student identification only)
  • An employee identification card (with photo) issued by an employer that is well known in the community (i.e. KGH, DND, Queens University, Corrections Canada, etc.)
  • Foreign passport
  • Canadian Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Driver’s licenses issued by province or territory
  • The DND (Department of National Defense) 404 driver’s license
  • Nexus Card issued by Canada Border Services Agency
  • Provincial Service Cards
  • Provincial or territorial identity cards (i.e. Ontario Photo Identification Card)
  • Foreign Passport (only if it is equivalent to a Canadian issued photo identification document)