Hey Kids, Enjoy Fee Free Banking!
At KCCU, we understand the importance of learning about banking.
We believe financial literacy is a lifelong learning process and essential in the development of strong money management skills. Where better to start your child’s financial journey than with their first account!
KCCU’s youth account is designed to help prepare and teach your child about the financial products they will need for different stages of their life. From their first debit card to a student line of credit, we are here to help them along their way!
FEE Free Youth Account (for youth ages 0 – 15)
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance required
- FREE unlimited deposits, withdrawals, and transfers
- Interest earning (calculated based on minimum daily balance, paid monthly)
- Record keeping available
- Saving and investment options available for higher returns
- Save your change with our Round up Feature
- Parent or guardian can set up automatic transfers to youth account for allowance, etc.
Addition of FEE FREE financial services (with parent or guardian’s approval) as the child grows:
- FREE unlimited MemberCard® debit card transactions with free ATMs* access across Canada with THE EXCHANGE® Network
- FREE unlimited 24/7 access to online banking and mobile banking with our Mobile App
- FREE unlimited Interac e-Transfers® within Canada
- FREE unlimited transactions
- FREE monthly e-statements
How do we get started?
We want to ensure that are ready to set up your account when you visit the branch, so it is best to reach out to us and book an appointment in advance. We will need you to bring along required identification and SIN numbers for both parent, guardian and youth. Please contact us directly for identification requirements for the youth as they do vary based on their age and what documents you may have available.
A parent or guardian must be a joint account holder for youth under 12. Authorization/Indemnity Agreement or joint account ownership with parent or guardian is required for any youth from 12 -15. Identification requirements must be met.
Members over the age of 21 require 5 shares at $5.00 each ($25.00) and member underage of 21 require 1 share ($5.00).
One of the core philosophies of the credit union movement is people helping people. We demonstrate this philosophy most often through our products, services, and commitment to financial education. We provide free financial education tools and calculators, which include a series of videos that cover key financial concepts such as saving, investing, credit scores, credit building, debt consolidation, and more! Be sure to check out our Junior Series.
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario’s (FSRA) deposit insurance program protects insurable deposits held with Ontario credit unions and caisses populaires. Learn more
Visit our Service Fees page for detailed disclosure of applicable service fees.
® MEMBERDIRECT and MEMBERDIRECT Design are registered trade-marks, MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under license.