Mortgage Options

First-Time Homebuyer?

KCCU works with members and potential members through CMHC to assist in getting them to qualify to purchase a home with as little as 5% down. Talk to your Lending/Investment Specialist at your nearest branch and find out what you need to know as a first time homebuyer. We can explain things in a straightforward fashion to help you to understand what you need to know as a first time homebuyer. We’ll negotiate the best rate for you and help you to get everything you need in order to make your first home purchase smooth and simple.

CMHC (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) is a crown corporation of the government of Canada. Their web site can guide you through the process of determining what you need in order to qualify for a mortgage as a first-time homebuyer.

Talk to us today and we’ll arrange an appointment right away!

A third party is an individual or entity, other than the account holder or those authorized to give instructions about the account, who directs what happens with the account. For example, if an account were opened in one individual’s name for deposits that are directed by someone else, the other person or entity would be a third party.

  • A secondary piece of identification from the primary list above
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Credit Card bearing the name and signature of the individual which has issued by a well-known and reputable Canadian financial institution
  • A CNIB (Canadian Institute for the Blind) client card bearing the individual’s photo and signature
  • Provincial Outdoors Card
  • Canadian University or College Student Card with photo (for student identification only)
  • An employee identification card (with photo) issued by an employer that is well known in the community (i.e. KGH, DND, Queens University, Corrections Canada, etc.)
  • Foreign passport
  • Canadian Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Driver’s licenses issued by province or territory
  • The DND (Department of National Defense) 404 driver’s license
  • Nexus Card issued by Canada Border Services Agency
  • Provincial Service Cards
  • Provincial or territorial identity cards (i.e. Ontario Photo Identification Card)
  • Foreign Passport (only if it is equivalent to a Canadian issued photo identification document)