Business Banking
what is required

In addition to the Personal Information Required and the Member Share Requirement, you may be required to provide the following:

If you are a sole proprietor:
  • Current Business Registration (Master Business License)
  • Sole proprietor must be a member of KCCU
If you are a partnership:
  • Partnership Agreement / Articles of Partnership / Partnership Certificate
  • Business trade name registration or Master Business License
  • Documentation showing ownership structure and percentage ownership
If you are a corporation:
  • Articles of Incorporation / Letters Patent*
  • any relevant, subsequent amendments
  • Business Trade name Registration (if applicable)
  • Most recent filing with your incorporating jurisdiction, listing your directors
  • By-Laws, constitution and any applicable Board and membership  resolutions*
  • Notarized meeting minutes indicating decision to open/change account
  • Document showing ownership structure / percentage ownership:
    • Minute Book
    • Shareholder Register
    • Shareholder Agreement
    • Annual Returns
    • Shareholder Certificates
    • By-laws indicating Board voting structure and number of voting members (not for profit)
    • If no Board, a document indicating number of voting members (not for profit)
  • Current Certificate of Officers and Directors
  • Charitable Registration Number (not for profit)
  • Corporate Search

*certified true copies required please.

If you are a Not-For-Profit, A Team or a Club/Lodge (Unincorporated Associations) you will need:
  • Charitable Registration Number (Not-for-Profit)
  • Memorandum of Association or Constitution
  • ByLaws and Board and Membership Resolutions (if applicable)
  • Current Certificate of Officers and Directors
  • Notarized meeting minutes indicating decision to open/change account
  • Names of KCCU sponsoring members (in good standing)
  • Document showing ownership structure of group
  • Document outlining beneficial ownership structure
  • If no one owns >25%, a document explaining why there are no beneficial owners
In addition:
If you are an Association/
Community Group/Not-for-Profit - Unincorporated, you will also require:
  • Charitable Registration Number (Not-for-Profit
If you are an Organized Sports Team, you will also require:
  • Letter from league executives on letterhead confirming the existence of the league, name of team, coaching staff and a list of the team league executives.
If you are a Club or a Lodge, you will also require:
  • Letter from head office (on letterhead), confirming the existence of club/lodge and granting authority to open account, use the name and the intended purpose of the account. Letter should identify signing authorities, officers and directors (By-laws to confirm).

A third party is an individual or entity, other than the account holder or those authorized to give instructions about the account, who directs what happens with the account. For example, if an account were opened in one individual’s name for deposits that are directed by someone else, the other person or entity would be a third party.

  • A secondary piece of identification from the primary list above
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Credit Card bearing the name and signature of the individual which has issued by a well-known and reputable Canadian financial institution
  • A CNIB (Canadian Institute for the Blind) client card bearing the individual’s photo and signature
  • Provincial Outdoors Card
  • Canadian University or College Student Card with photo (for student identification only)
  • An employee identification card (with photo) issued by an employer that is well known in the community (i.e. KGH, DND, Queens University, Corrections Canada, etc.)
  • Foreign passport
  • Canadian Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Driver’s licenses issued by province or territory
  • The DND (Department of National Defense) 404 driver’s license
  • Nexus Card issued by Canada Border Services Agency
  • Provincial Service Cards
  • Provincial or territorial identity cards (i.e. Ontario Photo Identification Card)
  • Foreign Passport (only if it is equivalent to a Canadian issued photo identification document)