Student Line of Credit

The KCCU Student Account has an optional Student Line of Credit feature available for qualifying individuals.

On approved credit, our student loan program offers:

  • The loan is at KCCU’s base rate plus 3.00%
  • KCCU’s Student Line has no monthly or annual fees
  • At school and up to one year after finishing school, borrowers may make interest-only payments
  • Flexible terms and repayment after graduation
  • The Maximum amount that may be borrowed is $10,000 per year to a maximum of $40,000
  • Larger limits may be available to meet the students’ needs depending on the profession
  • Qualifying students must provide proof of full-time enrollment in a post-secondary program annually
  • The student may require a co-signer
  • Amount of available credit depends upon the credit history of both applicant and co-signer
  • For all Lines of Credit, interest is paid only on the amount outstanding

Members who are enrolled in at least 60% of a full time course load at a designated post-secondary education institution are eligible to apply

Enjoy our FEE FREE student account until you are 25.

Our KCCU Student Account can help you manage your money and access it wherever your studies take you with digital, mobile, and in person options.  So, whether you are banking from home, on the road, or on campus we we’ve got you covered! 

A third party is an individual or entity, other than the account holder or those authorized to give instructions about the account, who directs what happens with the account. For example, if an account were opened in one individual’s name for deposits that are directed by someone else, the other person or entity would be a third party.

  • A secondary piece of identification from the primary list above
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Credit Card bearing the name and signature of the individual which has issued by a well-known and reputable Canadian financial institution
  • A CNIB (Canadian Institute for the Blind) client card bearing the individual’s photo and signature
  • Provincial Outdoors Card
  • Canadian University or College Student Card with photo (for student identification only)
  • An employee identification card (with photo) issued by an employer that is well known in the community (i.e. KGH, DND, Queens University, Corrections Canada, etc.)
  • Foreign passport
  • Canadian Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
  • Driver’s licenses issued by province or territory
  • The DND (Department of National Defense) 404 driver’s license
  • Nexus Card issued by Canada Border Services Agency
  • Provincial Service Cards
  • Provincial or territorial identity cards (i.e. Ontario Photo Identification Card)
  • Foreign Passport (only if it is equivalent to a Canadian issued photo identification document)