Member Investment Promotion
Now is the time to take advantage of the great GIC rates offered by KCCU!
A Term Deposit or Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) is a secure investment that guarantees to preserve your principal while earning interest at a fixed rate and offers the following benefits:
- Security and safety—both your original investment and interest payments are guaranteed.
- Competitive interest rates—guaranteed for the full term of the investment.
- Flexible investment terms—ranging from 30 days to 5 years.
- Low maintenance – GICs are easy to understand and manage because they are predictable and require little monitoring.
- Savings protections – No matter what is happening in the markets, your GIC investment will earn interest. The amount depends on the terms of the GIC product you choose.
- Wide eligibility –You can buy a GIC for a wide range of investment products. This introduces all the GIC benefits into your other savings like your RRSP, TFSA or RRIF.
GICs can play a role in your savings strategy. While there are many benefits, you should consider them in the context of your overall investment and tax management strategy.
Let our team of experts help build your financial plan for future savings.
Contact us to book an appointment today.
The Fine Print - Terms and Conditions:
Kingston Community Credit Union’s rates for registered or unregistered deposits are available to Members only. To buy a KCCU GIC you must be or become a member. Rates are subject to change at any time.
Fixed term GICs are non-redeemable prior to maturity. Investment principal and interest rate are guaranteed. The offered rates are annual percentage rates.
Deposit automatically renews at maturity unless otherwise arranged in advance by member.
If applicable, the Member must meet the requirements for holding a registered savings plan. Members are solely responsible for determining whether any contribution to their registered plan account is within their contribution limits as imposed by applicable law.
If applicable, it is the Member’s responsibility to verify that they have adequate contribution room in their registered product (TFSA) prior to making an investment. Contribution room is the maximum amount you can contribute and is comprised of unused contribution amounts and withdrawals from previous years. Anyone who exceeds their contribution limit is subject to a tax penalty from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Existing term deposits cannot be broken to receive this offer.
These special rates may not be combined with any other offers. We may change, withdraw, or extend this offer at any time without notice.
*Eligible deposits in registered accounts have unlimited coverage through the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA). Eligible deposits (not in registered accounts) are insured up to $250,000 through the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA). To learn more about deposit insurance, visit FSRA’s website.
High Interest Savings Account - Maintain maximum flexibility with your funds with our KCCU High Interest Savings Account. Learn more about our High Interest Savings Account.