We understand that student life is busy! So while you focus on your education (and having a little fun), we’ll help take care of your banking and borrowing needs.
Our KCCU Student Account can help you manage your money and access it wherever your studies take you with digital, mobile, and in person options. So, whether you are banking from home, on the road, or on campus we we’ve got you covered!
Students get a head start with no monthly fees and also benefit from unlimited debit transactions, including Interac® e-Transfers and surcharge free ATM access across Canada with THE EXCHANGE® Network.
Under 26? Enjoy Fee Free Banking!
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance requirements
- FREE Unlimited transactions including Interac e-Transfers®
- FREE unlimited MemberCard® debit card transactions with free ATMs* access across Canada with THE EXCHANGE® Network
- FREE unlimited 24/7 access to online banking and mobile banking with our Mobile App
- FREE unlimited Interac e-Transfers® within Canada
- FREE unlimited transactions
- FREE online bill payments
- Savings and investment options available for higher returns
- Save your change with our Round Up feature
- Build credit with a Student Line of Credit (OAC) or Credit Card
- Keep track with a free monthly e-statement
- Earn Interest (calculated based on minimum daily balance, paid monthly)
Members over the age of 21 require 5 shares at $5.00 each ($25.00) and member underage of 21 require 1 share ($5.00).
Student Line of Credit
The KCCU Student Account has an optional Student Line of Credit feature available for qualifying individuals.
On approved credit , our student loan program offers:
- The loan is at KCCU’s base rate plus 3.00%
- KCCU’s Student Line has no monthly or annual fees
- At school and up to one year after finishing school, borrowers may make interest-only payments
- Flexible terms and repayment after graduation
- The Maximum amount that may be borrowed is $10,000 per year to a maximum of $40,000
- Larger limits may be available to meet the students’ needs depending on the profession
- Qualifying students must provide proof of full-time enrollment in a post-secondary program annually
- The student may require a co-signer
- The student may require a co-signer
- Amount of available credit depends upon the credit history of both applicant and co-signer
- For all Lines of Credit, interest is paid only on the amount outstanding
Members who are enrolled in at least 60% of a full time course load at a designated post-secondary education institution are eligible to apply.
Like many students, you may be concerned about the importance of developing and holding on to a solid credit rating. A great way to start your credit journey is with the responsible use of a credit card. A credit card offers a secure and convenient way to make purchases and earn rewards. When used responsibly, it not only helps build your credit rating, but can also provide emergency capital during tough times.
One of the core philosophies of the credit union movement is people helping people. We demonstrate this philosophy most often through our products, services, and commitment to financial education. We provide free financial education tools and calculators, which include a series of videos that cover key financial concepts such as saving, investing, credit scores, credit building, debt consolidation, and more!
Kingston Community Credit Union is proud to support and promote the The CU Succeed Youth Bursary. The CU Succeed Youth Bursary was established in 2016 by the Ontario Credit Union Foundation and over the past seven years, hase awarded $536,000 to 407 students.
The Youth Bursary program is open to resident Ontario post-secondary students (25 years and under) in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training. For more information: https://kccu.ca/content/student-bursary-program
Visit our Service Fees page for detailed disclosure of applicable service fees.
® MEMBERDIRECT and MEMBERDIRECT Design are registered trade-marks, MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under license.